As promised, I’m sharing my book list for 2018. Reading has become a staple in my self care. Last year, I shared my book list and made some unplanned changes. There were times someone recommended a book or a new book was released that resonated with me which was a great. I didn’t meet my goal last year but I read double the amount of books I read the year before! The intention was to read more than I have in the past and Shee did that. Each year I want to increase the number of books I read personally and do the same for my son every year. As a child, not growing up reading much I made it a priority to do better as an adult (better late than never). And I vow to instill reading in my son but I need to be intentional about it so I have a reading goal for him as well until he can read on his own.
So here’s what Shee’s reading in 2018….
- The Last Black Unicorn by Tiffany Haddish
- Outliers: The Story of Success by Malcolm Gladwell
- Braving the Wilderness: The Quest for True Belonging and the Courage to Stand Alone by Brene Brown
- Rise and Grind by Daymond John
- Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom by Miguel Ruiz
- Leaders Eat Last by Simon Sinek
- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
- Daring to Hope: Finding God’s Goodness in the Broken and the Beautiful by Katie Davis Majors
- The Mother of Black Hollywood: A Memoir by Jennifer Lewis
- The 10x Rule: The Only Difference Between Success and Failure by Grant Cardone
- Soar! Build Your Vision from the Ground Up by T.D. Jakes
- Twelve Pillars by John John and Chris Widener
- How to be a Bawse: A Guide to Conquering Life by Lilly Singh
- The Gifts of Imperfection: Let Go of Who You Think You’re Supposed to Be and Embrace Who You Are by Brene Brown
- Deep Work by Cal Newport
- Unfu*k Yourself by Gary John Bishop
I’ve already kicked off the year with The Last Black Unicorn by Tiffany Haddish. It was the perfect book to start my year. Let me help you get your life by recommending the audio. It’s definitely in the top 2 audio books, next to Born a Crime by Trevor Noah. It’s hella funny, raw and real and it’s as if she’s talking to you.
I laughed and cried tears of joy. It was truly an inspiration and I am more of a fan now. So do yourself and a girlfriend the favor and get this book.
Happy New Year and Happy reading! Join me on Goodreads and let’s become book babes.
What’s on your book list for 2018?